[cmake-developers] Improving Vim support in CMake

Ben Boeckel ben.boeckel at kitware.com
Mon Jan 26 18:22:41 EST 2015

On Mon, Jan 26, 2015 at 22:39:00 +0000, Alex Merry wrote:
> Maybe it's just my colour scheme - I'll have a play with the colour settings
> when I have some free time.

FWIW, I use neverland-darker, a 256-color scheme. Looking at it with an
8-color scheme does indeed have it all being the same. 'Label' seems to
at least be different than 'String' in all the default color schemes
whereas 'Constant' is the same as 'String' there. Unfortunately, there's
no 'Variable' highlighting group and if we don't stick to the defaults
available, none of the colorschemes will know what to do with it :/ .
'Tag' also seems like it might be viable.

Maybe making cmakeArguments -> Constant and cmakeVariableValue ->
Identifier would work better? Strings are the same as unquoted words
there though :/ .

--Ben