[cmake-developers] Setting additional compile flags to .hlsl files?

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Mon Jan 26 13:07:46 EST 2015

On 01/26/2015 01:04 PM, Robert Goulet wrote:
> Do we really need to go down the road of making hlsl a 'first-class'
> language to add support for additional compile flags?

Right now the Visual Studio generator has custom logic for .hlsl
sources, so the rest of CMake knows nothing about them and treats
them like .txt files.  So, one could either add more custom logic
to the VS .hlsl support to honor COMPILE_FLAGS, or add the needed
infrastructure for enable_language(HLSL).  The latter approach
is much more general.