[cmake-developers] Clarify status of link_libraries

Christoph Grüninger foss at grueninger.de
Sun Jan 25 17:03:05 EST 2015

Hi CMake developers,

we wanted to use the link_libraries command and we were scared off by
its deprecation. Fortunately someone found Brad's statement [1] about
the "deprecated".
The use of deprecated is pretty bad as this usually indicates that a
feature will be removed in future versions. I understand that the
command should be avoided if possible.

I tried to clarify the documentation with the attached patch. It uses
Sphinx' note command to emphasis using target_link_libraries.

Bye
Christoph

[1] http://www.cmake.org/pipermail/cmake/2009-April/028439.html

--
When you die, that does not mean that you lose to cancer,
you beat cancer by how you live, why you live, and in the