[cmake-developers] Extracting target metadata, IDE integration

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Tue Jan 20 09:47:09 EST 2015

On 12/18/2014 09:02 PM, Aleix Pol wrote:
> I would like to propose this as a final version of this patch.
> http://proli.net/meu/kdevelop/0001-cmake-Add-option-to-generate-target-metadata-for-IDE.patch

For reference, this was also attached in a later message of this
thread on 2015-01-09:

 http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.programming.tools.cmake.devel/10711/focus=12061

> I have a working proof of concept in KDevelop already I'm quite happy with.

Can you post a link to that implementation so others may try it?

Steve K. posted a review of your patch on 2014-12-19:

 http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.programming.tools.cmake.devel/10711/focus=11972

that has not yet received a response.

Also, for unrelated reasons we've now added JsonCpp into the CMake
build process.  You could consider using that to write the .json
file so that no manual formatting or escaping code is needed.
The current patch does not add potentially needed json escapes.