[cmake-developers] CPack RPM failing tests on dashboard

Eric Noulard eric.noulard at gmail.com
Mon Jan 19 03:59:17 EST 2015

> I've noticed CPack/RPM test fails on dashboard for two
> Fedora-19-x86_64 machines:
>
> https://open.cdash.org/buildSummary.php?buildid=3658687
> https://open.cdash.org/buildSummary.php?buildid=3658677
>
> Would it be possible to get generated rpm files from one of them for
> analysis?
>

> /home/kevin/kitware/CMake_Build/Tests/CPackComponentsForAll/buildRPM-IgnoreGroup/MyLib-1.0.2-Linux-Unspecified.rpm
>
> /home/kevin/kitware/CMake_Build/Tests/CPackComponentsForAll/buildRPM-IgnoreGroup/MyLib-1.0.2-Linux-applications.rpm
>
> /home/kevin/kitware/CMake_Build/Tests/CPackComponentsForAll/buildRPM-IgnoreGroup/MyLib-1.0.2-Linux-headers.rpm
>
> /home/kevin/kitware/CMake_Build/Tests/CPackComponentsForAll/buildRPM-IgnoreGroup/MyLib-1.0.2-Linux-libraries.rpm

From:
https://open.cdash.org/testDetails.php?test=307325450&build=3658677
you get that:

-- actual_count='4'
CMake Error at /home/kevin/kitware/CMake/Tests/CPackComponentsForAll/RunCPackVerifyResult.cmake:193
(message):
  error:
  '/home/kevin/kitware/CMake_Build/Tests/CPackComponentsForAll/buildRPM-IgnoreGroup/MyLib-1.0.2-Linux-libraries.rpm'
  rpm package relocation path does not match expected value - regex
  'Relocations : /usr /usr/lib'

May be you can make  "RunCPackVerifyResult.cmake" more verbose when a
failure occurs?
(i.e. a bunch of extra rpm query on the culprit generated RPM) and/or more
informations
in the error message.

In particular, you have the "expected" value but onot the "actual" content,
may be you miss the "check_file_content" display in error cases?

That way you'll automatically get more informations on every failure.

Getting your hand on the RPM itself would help but in my experience it
tends to slow down the test loop.

--
Eric
L'élection n'est pas la démocratie -- http://www.le-message.org