[cmake-developers] CUDA as a compiler instead FindCUDA?

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Fri Jan 16 08:46:53 EST 2015

On 01/16/2015 06:54 AM, Adam Strzelecki wrote:
> Hi. It makes me curious why CUDA support is not just implemented
> as compiler via proper CMakeDetermineCUDACompiler

I don't think there is any reason besides no one doing it yet.

> is CMake open to accept patch that will make CUDA support via
> new compiler definition?

Yes!  Does CUDA distinguish between C and C++?  Should there be
separate "CUDAC" and "CUDACXX" languages?

Does Visual Studio or Xcode have any builtin CUDA support, perhaps
via a plugin?  This will affect how the corresponding generators
need to handle the language.  Without native support then they
will have to generate custom commands to build the languages.

-Brad