[cmake-developers] target_link_libraries and --start-group/--end-group ?

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Tue Jan 13 09:10:39 EST 2015

On 1/13/2015 6:19 AM, Dmitry Polyanitsa wrote:
> you could try using parentheses instead of -Wl,--start-group/-Wl,--end-group
[snip]
> it should serve as a workaround while we fix the prefix addition to the
> -Wl flags in Nsight Tegra.

Thanks, Dmitry.

Robert, the linker group flags are platform-specific so the approach
CMake offers for doing this in general is the "link multiplicity"
approach Robert Maynard mentioned earlier in this thread:

On 1/6/2015 3:50 PM, Robert Goulet wrote:
> But it doesn't seems to work when building for NVidia NSight Android
> platform using Visual Studio IDE.

With IMPORTED_LINK_INTERFACE_MULTIPLICITY and circular settings for
INTERFACE_LINK_LIBRARIES the libraries should show up repeated in
the .vcxproj file.