[cmake-developers] [CMake 0015342]: [AUTOUI] Simplifiy wrong headers

Mantis Bug Tracker mantis at public.kitware.com
Thu Jan 8 10:18:42 EST 2015

The following issue has been SUBMITTED.
Reported By:                SunBlack
Assigned To:
Project:                    CMake
Issue ID:                   15342
Category:                   CMake
Reproducibility:            always
Severity:                   text
Date Submitted:             2015-01-08 10:18 EST
Last Modified:              2015-01-08 10:18 EST
If in a header file a ui file is mentioned, but ui file noct exists you are
getting currently a message like

1>AUTOUIC : error : process for ui_testwidget.h failed:
1>  File 'C:/mypath/testwidget.ui' is not valid

After this message you have no idea, where the error is. E.g. in my case
testwidget.ui + cpp + h was in parent directory and in subfolder #include
ui_testwidget.h" file was mentioned in another header file (e.g. wrongheader.h).

My only way to get an idea what was wrong, was to debug cmake.

Simply solution would be something like this (cmQtAutoGenerators.cxx):

      std::cerr << "AUTOUIC: error: process for " << ui_output_file <<
                " failed:\n" << output <<
				"UI file was mentioned in " << realName << std::endl;

Issue History
Date Modified    Username       Field                    Change