[cmake-developers] Introduction and volunteering for the Matlab package

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Thu Feb 26 15:32:57 EST 2015

On 02/26/2015 03:23 PM, Raffi Enficiaud wrote:
> Thanks! here is the patch then, replacing the previous one,
> rebased on 1416d214b3.

Okay.  In our earlier discussion:

On 02/19/2015 12:52 PM, Brad King wrote:
>> you propose to merge the variables MATLAB_USER_ROOT and
>> Matlab_ROOT_DIR, is that correct?
> Yes.  Furthermore, if we can always compute the other information
> from that value then as little of it should be cached as possible.

We never specified explicitly which name to use.  I think it
should be Matlab_ROOT_DIR because that makes sense whether the
user specified it or not.

> I removed the RunCMake test on Linux as now the
> Matlab_MAIN_PROGRAM is required if MATLAB_USER_ROOT is not
> specified. In the previous implementation, I used temporary
> variables to avoid bringing this program to the user.

We shouldn't have to disable the test.  It can still be an
error for the MAIN_PROGRAM component to not be requested.
You can separate the name of the cache variable used as
the "one" search for "matlab" from the name of the result
variable used to provide the MAIN_PROGRAM component.  That
will be consistent with the view that finding "matlab" is
an implementation detail on some platforms even when the
MAIN_PROGRAM component is not requested.

Please revise this patch further for the above.