[cmake-developers] old policies interfering with script provided by CPack

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Wed Feb 11 09:58:13 EST 2015

On 02/10/2015 09:03 AM, Brad King wrote:
> On 02/09/2015 05:14 PM, Domen Vrankar wrote:
>> To get around this problem I thought about wrapping the entire script with:
>>
>> cmake_policy(PUSH)
>> cmake_policy(VERSION 3.1)
>> cmake_policy(POP)
>>
>> Would this be an acceptable solution?
>
> That is currently the intended way to do it.

I decided not to add a module-wide policy scope just before a release
in case it causes other problems.  Instead I converted the fix to set
the policy locally:

 CPackRPM: Do not run file(GLOB_RECURSE) without CMP0009 set to NEW
 http://cmake.org/gitweb?p=cmake.git;a=commitdiff;h=be36bfd6

Please verify this still works for the original problem.