[cmake-developers] Introduction and volunteering for the Matlab package

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Tue Feb 3 14:59:58 EST 2015

On 01/28/2015 09:21 AM, Raffi Enficiaud wrote:
> I am wondering why I haven't zipped the patch before.
>
> Please find attached the patch addressing the issues you raised.

The reason it was so big is because you sent an entire patch
series containing your local development history.  Instead please
squash everything down to a single commit so "git format-patch"
generates a patch with only one commit.  I did this locally and
produced the attached patch from your changes, rebased on master
as of commit aec11372.  You could start a new branch from there,
"git am" the attached patch, edit files, use "git commit --amend"
to update it, and then "git format-patch" to send it back.

Please revise the commit message to summarize all the work done
by these changes.

In order to make the tests available only when enabled explicitly
on a machine with Matlab installed, please revise the test cases
to use the pattern used for FindJsonCpp.  Look for code refering
to CMake_TEST_FindJsonCpp for an example.  The same check can be
used in the RunCMake directory too.  Use -DCMake_TEST_FindMatlab=1
on the CMake command line locally to get the tests enabled for you.
Later we will expect you to run nightly testing for this since our
dashboard machines do not have Matlab.

Also, please rename:

 Tests/Module/Matlab2/ => Tests/FindMatlab/
 Tests/RunCMake/Matlab2/ => Tests/RunCMake/FindMatlab/