[cmake-developers] Generating Windows Phone project files

thefox xofeht thefox at aspekt.fi
Tue Feb 3 09:56:52 EST 2015

Hi,

I was trying to generate project files for Windows Phone 8, but hit a
snag right away:

"
>cmake .. -G "Visual Studio 12 2013" -DCMAKE_SYSTEM_NAME=WindowsPhone -DCMAKE_SYSTEM_VERSION=8.1
CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:5 (project):
  A Windows Phone component with CMake requires both the Windows Desktop SDK
  as well as the Windows Phone '8.0' SDK.  Please make sure that you have
  both installed
"

I'm able to compile a project generated from a Windows Phone 8.0
DirectX App template, so I believe I should have all the necessary
SDKs.

I looked around in the CMake code for a bit, and noticed that it's
looking for the registry key
"HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft
SDKs\WindowsPhone\v8.0". I don't have that. I do have
"HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Microsoft
SDKs\WindowsPhone\v8.0", though. And both "v8.0" and "v8.1"
directories are visible in the directory "C:\Program Files
(x86)\Microsoft SDKs\Windows Phone".

Using Windows 8.1, cmake version 3.1.20150114-gdb5583, Visual Studio 2013.

Any ideas?

-K