[cmake-developers] parallel install of different cmake versions

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Fri Dec 18 08:22:15 EST 2015

On 12/17/2015 10:05 PM, Orion Poplawski wrote:
> I'm not sure this would work.  There seems to be many places in the code
> (some of which the patch addresses) where it calls executes "cmake" or
> "ctest" regardless of the name it was called with.

AFAIK those all use an absolute path.  We don't depend on finding ourself
in the PATH.  I frequently run "cmake" via an absolute path without any
"cmake" in the PATH.  I also frequently run "cmake" via an alias of a
different name with a different version of "cmake" in the PATH.

If you find places where this is not true then we can fix those, but
I run cmake this way every day since I keep so many versions around
for testing.