[cmake-developers] [CMake] How to set _default_ timeout for the ctest command? (fwd)

David Cole DLRdave at aol.com
Thu Dec 17 13:54:08 EST 2015

I agree with Brad, the --timeout command line parameter should only
set/override the variable CTEST_TEST_TIMEOUT. The behavior w.r.t. test
TIMEOUT properties should be left as is for this change.

A **new** --timeout-scale with well defined / documented interactions
with the global variable and the test properties would be the best
approach for introducing changes in behavior. Or a **new**
--ignore-timeout-test-property to simply use the global value
everywhere for some use cases.