[cmake-developers] [Apple/iOS/OS X] Create subdirectories in Resource directory for Frameworks and Application bundle.

Bartosz Kosiorek Bartosz.Kosiorek at tomtom.com
Thu Dec 10 09:52:32 EST 2015

Hello.

With CMake 3.5 it is possible to put Resources into the Bundle (Frameworks and Applications)

More information:

https://cmake.org/gitweb?p=cmake.git;a=blob;f=Help/prop_tgt/RESOURCE.rst

So with code:

  add_executable(ExecutableTarget
    addDemo.c
    resourcefile.txt
    appresourcedir/appres.txt
  )

  target_link_libraries(ExecutableTarget heymath mul)

  set(RESOURCE_FILES
    resourcefile.txt
    appresourcedir/appres.txt
  )

  set_target_properties(ExecutableTarget PROPERTIES
    MACOSX_BUNDLE TRUE
    MACOSX_FRAMEWORK_IDENTIFIER org.cmake.ExecutableTarget
    RESOURCE "${RESOURCE_FILES}"
  )

For OS X systems it will produce following directory structure::

  ExecutableTarget.app/
    Contents
      Info.plist
      MacOS
        ExecutableTarget
      Resources
        appres.txt
        resourcefile.txt

How it is officialy supported to tell CMake to create subdirectories inside "Resources" directory?

As the result I would like to get, following directory structure:

  ExecutableTarget.app/
    Contents/
      Info.plist
      MacOS/
        ExecutableTarget
      Resources/
        appres.txt?

        appresourcedir/

           ?resourcefile.txt?

I would like to update documentation to describe how to do that.

Thanks in advance

Bartosz