[cmake-developers] Is there an official FindMKL module?

Siebren Reker siebren.reker at gmail.com
Wed Aug 26 10:18:44 EDT 2015

Hello,

I am using the find_package() command to load settings for the Intel Math
Kernel Library (MKL). This works through a custom FindMKL.cmake module that
I've made for myself.

However, when looking at:
https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/intel-mkl-link-line-advisor/
I can tell that what I've done is likely only correct for my specific case,
and certainly not robust against library version changes and various other
changes (openmp, static vs dynamic linking etc.).

Instead of a FindMKL.cmake module, an alternative is to have MKL be
discovered in the FindBLAS or FindLAPACK modules, but according to what I
can find on the bug tracker, that solution is also in a fairly broken state:
Bug 14138: http://www.cmake.org/Bug/view.php?id=14138
Bug 13543: http://www.cmake.org/Bug/view.php?id=13543
Bug 13528: http://www.cmake.org/Bug/view.php?id=13528

Google tells me that many people have (like me) created their own
FindMKL.cmake module, which are equally specific and tailored.

Is anyone aware of a more "official" FindMKL module available somewhere, or
at least something that is being somewhat maintained, either by someone at
Kitware or Intel? Or of a plan to develop something like that?

kind regards,
Siebren Reker