[cmake-developers] OSX - Application bundle and private frameworks?

Raffi Enficiaud raffi.enficiaud at mines-paris.org
Tue Aug 25 10:29:36 EDT 2015

Le 15/07/15 15:10, Brad King a écrit :
> On 07/13/2015 06:43 PM, Raffi Enficiaud wrote:
>> [...]
>
> The MACOSX_PACKAGE_LOCATION source file property was created
> for marking individual source files.  The possibility of marking
> a (framework) directory with the property was never considered
> AFAIK.  For Xcode it may work by accident.  I would not be opposed
> to a change to make something like this work for directories too,
> but someone would have to investigate it.
>
> Meanwhile take a look at the BundleUtilities module:
>
>   http://www.cmake.org/cmake/help/v3.3/module/BundleUtilities.html
>
> and its fixup_bundle() helper.  They are meant for preparing
> complete bundles for packaging and distribution.
>
> -Brad

Hi Brad,

Thank you for the feedback (and sorry for the late reply). However I
could not find any example of this fixup_bundle, and I find that quite
complicated just to copy a directory to the bundle itself.

Do you have any good example of use?
OTOH I may have a look to the other option of having a different
behaviour for MACOSX_PACKAGE_LOCATION (looks like the behaviour is in
cmGlobalXCodeGenerator.cxx, lines 1249+).

Thanks,
Raffi