[cmake-developers] FindBZip2.cmake

Rolf Eike Beer eike at sf-mail.de
Sun Aug 23 07:36:32 EDT 2015

Brad,

you introduced in 7c912af2 that this module not only looks into the Windows
registry, but also added PATH_SUFFIXES include and lib for find_* calls. Am I
gettings something wrong? Wouldn't CMake automatically append those to all
paths given?

Another thing which I found is that there seems to be an obscure problem in
FindBZip2.cmake to not find the library on Windows if the path contains
backslashes. Yes, really. Just compare the cmake part of these 2 links (no
idea how long they will present, as they are CI logs):

https://ci.appveyor.com/project/Mapbox/libosmium/build/1.0.228/job/my1segqcq89k28en
https://ci.appveyor.com/project/Mapbox/libosmium/build/1.0.227/job/rnu1e71degn7snwm

I have no clue what happens there, why it happens only for that module, and
why noone noticed that before. I do not have access to a Windows system where
I can test easily, but maybe you can have a look (or find someone to)? I
thought that it may be "\b", because that would be unique to that module in
that build configuration, but if I pass the CMAKE_PREFIX_PATH with forward
slash at that point it still fails, while all other modules work.

Everyone else interested may of course have a look, too.

Greetings,

Eike