[cmake-developers] HP-UX and static link flags for C shared libs

Chuck Atkins chuck.atkins at kitware.com
Mon Aug 10 13:21:32 EDT 2015

A related question is whether those are even the correct flags for the
CMAKE_${type}_LINK_DYNAMIC_${lang}_FLAGS.  According to the compiler
reference manual, -Wl,-a,default will search for shared first, then use
static if the shared lib is not present.  Changing this to -Wl,-a,shared
will make the search use shared libraries exclusively, which is how all the
other platforms work.  It's outside the scope of this branch but should it
be changed in a separate branch?

- Chuck