[cmake-developers] Modules/GetPrequisites.cmake issues

Bill Somerville bill at classdesign.com
Mon Aug 3 10:55:08 EDT 2015

On 03/08/2015 15:22, Brad King wrote:

Hi Brad,
> On 07/30/2015 10:56 AM, Brad King wrote:
>> Thanks!  Applied:
> Those patches exposed a bug in FindMPI, so I fixed that and
> rebased the other changes on it:
Glad my patch flushed out an unrelated defect.

OTOH there are many other uses of execute_process() in the Modules that
look like they might be suspect through not checking if the process
returned a success status. It's not a blanket change as some do seem to
be failsafe by checking for error output. Even a very simple command
might fail unexpectedly due to access rights or similar.

>   FindMPI: Drop unnecessary and incorrect use of GetPrerequisites
>   http://cmake.org/gitweb?p=cmake.git;a=commitdiff;h=1c46b6ae
>
>   GetPrerequisites: Add error checks for execute_process() calls
>   http://cmake.org/gitweb?p=cmake.git;a=commitdiff;h=afb674ab
>
>   GetPrerequisites: Optionally filter "objdump" output for speed
>   http://cmake.org/gitweb?p=cmake.git;a=commitdiff;h=5d0a8b1a
>
> -Brad

Regards
Bill Somerville.