[cmake-developers] [CMake 0015545]: Add support for passing sphinx options

Mantis Bug Tracker mantis at public.kitware.com
Wed Apr 29 17:24:19 EDT 2015

The following issue has been SUBMITTED.
http://www.cmake.org/Bug/view.php?id=15545
Reported By:                Felix Geyer
Assigned To:
Project:                    CMake
Issue ID:                   15545
Category:                   CMake
Reproducibility:            have not tried
Severity:                   feature
Date Submitted:             2015-04-29 17:24 EDT
I would like to be able to pass additional options to sphinx
(Utilities/Sphinx/CMakeLists.txt).

This could be done by an additional --sphinx-opts="..." flag to bootstrap or by
making it read the SPHINXOPTS env variable (which apparently some other build
systems use).

If you'd accept one of those ways I'll write a patch.

Reason for this:
In Debian we are trying to create reproducible package builds.
This means building a package twice (with exactly the same toolchain) should
produce the same bit-identical files.

Unfortunately sphinx embeds the current date in manpages it generates.
The idea to fix this is to pass the date of the last package changelog entry to
sphinx.

Some background if you are interested:
https://wiki.debian.org/ReproducibleBuilds/About
https://wiki.debian.org/ReproducibleBuilds/TimestampsInManpagesGeneratedBySphinx