[cmake-developers] Is there a way to avoid LOCATION property with Qt5?

Alan W. Irwin irwin at beluga.phys.uvic.ca
Tue Apr 28 02:00:34 EDT 2015

The Qt5 cmake documentation at
<http://doc.qt.io/qt-5/cmake-manual.html> which Steve has referred me
to before states you should use the LOCATION property of targets to
determine the actual path to libraries. The PLplot build system
requires those locations so it can transform them into the -L and -l
form required to generate its pkg_config *.pc files.

Some time ago I got this process to work fine for CMP0026 OLD and Qt5, but
what is the alternative I should use for the CMP0026 NEW case (which
disallows using the LOCATION property for targets)?

Note PLplot uses a minimum CMake version of 3.0.2 so I am looking for
a CMP0026 NEW solution that works for that version or above for Qt5.

Alan
Alan W. Irwin