[cmake-developers] Unittests with reconfiguration

David Cole DLRdave at aol.com
Mon Apr 27 07:16:39 EDT 2015

This one:
https://github.com/Kitware/CMake/blob/master/Tests/CMakeTestMultipleConfigures/RunCMake.cmake

It doesn't change anything in between CMake configures, but it does 7
altogether, with the expectation that the output will not change
beyond the 1st / 2nd configures.

Sample output here:
https://open.cdash.org/testDetails.php?test=331119724&build=3788470

The test doesn't presently fail if there are diffs between configures.
Although one could argue, maybe it should...

You could definitely do something similar for a test that changes a
cache value in between runs.

HTH,
David C.