[cmake-developers] [CMake] cmake 3.1.1 does not generate x64 profile for visual studio

Nils Gladitz nilsgladitz at gmail.com
Fri Apr 24 08:40:16 EDT 2015

On 04/24/2015 02:22 PM, David Cole via cmake-developers wrote:
> We really shouldn't have removed the explicit mention of the " Win64"
> suffixed generator names in the list of generators in --help ouput...
>
> That was a mistake.
>
> We should put it back.

As I understand it the generator suffixes aren't the preferred method to
pick the architecture anymore.

You can now use the "-A x64" option with the visual studio generators
instead.

Also it looks like the supported target platforms aren't a fixed list
that can be easily enumerated (e.g. <WinCE-SDK> [1])

Maybe instead of listing all known permutations in --help each generator
(where the option is supported) could be listed with a well known subset
of supported target platforms.

Nils

[1]
http://www.cmake.org/cmake/help/v3.2/generator/Visual%20Studio%2011%202012.html