[cmake-developers] [CMake 0011944]: CPackDeb: Support dependencies between components/Debian packages

Raffi Enficiaud raffi.enficiaud at mines-paris.org
Wed Apr 22 07:44:57 EDT 2015

Le 21/04/15 23:01, Domen Vrankar a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> I pushed your first patch to next (I've split it into two separate
> commits and made some minor cleanup changes):
> http://www.cmake.org/gitweb?p=cmake.git;a=commit;h=8e0ecf9
>
>> Please find attached my last patch that allows the settings of the
>> dependencies per component.
>
> I haven't finished reviewing the rest of the patches however I've
> noticed that you omit quotes when setting or comparing variables.
>
> I've also noticed that the last test in last commit is succeeding on
> Ubuntu 15.04 but failing on Debian 7.8.0.
> It first fails with a cryptic error (string FIND requires X variables
> as input message...) on this line:
> string(FIND ${dpkg_depends} "lib" index_libwhatever)
> and after I put quotes arround ${dpkg_depends} it returns an error
> that the value is an empty string.
> I haven't researched it further so if you have an option to test it on
> Debian that would be great, otherwise I'll provide a fix in the
> following days.
>
> Thanks,
> Domen

Hi,

I just installed a virtual machine running Debian 7.8.0, and everything
worked like a charm from the first run. I did that in the two following way:
- sourced my branch
https://github.com/raffienficiaud/CMake/tree/cpack_deb_refactoring
- I also applied the cherry-picked from that branch onto your merge to
next (8e0ecf91b3d50a0e69a00db52d1d79ca91afecc4).

The only packages I installed from a default installation are vim,
build-essential, git, gcc-4.7, cmake, qtcreator, clang.
Putting the quotes in that case should be safer.

So I cannot reproduce the error on my side. The log would be helpful.

Best,
Raffi