[cmake-developers] [CMake 0011944]: CPackDeb: Support dependencies between components/Debian packages

Domen Vrankar domen.vrankar at gmail.com
Tue Apr 21 17:01:08 EDT 2015

Hi,

I pushed your first patch to next (I've split it into two separate
commits and made some minor cleanup changes):
http://www.cmake.org/gitweb?p=cmake.git;a=commit;h=8e0ecf9

> Please find attached my last patch that allows the settings of the
> dependencies per component.

I haven't finished reviewing the rest of the patches however I've
noticed that you omit quotes when setting or comparing variables.

I've also noticed that the last test in last commit is succeeding on
Ubuntu 15.04 but failing on Debian 7.8.0.
It first fails with a cryptic error (string FIND requires X variables
as input message...) on this line:
string(FIND ${dpkg_depends} "lib" index_libwhatever)
and after I put quotes arround ${dpkg_depends} it returns an error
that the value is an empty string.
I haven't researched it further so if you have an option to test it on
Debian that would be great, otherwise I'll provide a fix in the
following days.

Thanks,
Domen