[cmake-developers] ExternalProject can't have interface library as a dependency

Andrey Pokrovskiy wonder.mice at gmail.com
Tue Apr 21 13:31:49 EDT 2015

As far as I understand, IMPORT libraries are for different purposes.
They should be used for files that are already exist. In other words,
to import existing artifacts into the build system. I don't remember
the exact details, but last time I tried to use IMPORT library for
such purpose there was a cmake error saying that path (include dir or
library) not exists, while it should.
In my case openssl is also generated as a result of an external
project, so I have to use INTERFACE library.