[cmake-developers] Visual Studio dependencies bug work-around

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Thu Apr 16 13:38:07 EDT 2015

On 04/16/2015 10:00 AM, Robert Goulet wrote:
> We actually wanted to launch our builds using CMake,

If you point CMAKE_MAKE_PROGRAM at devenv explicitly then
"cmake --build" will honor it.

> cmake variable that once set, will add the INSTALL project
> in the solution

This is essentially the opposite of EXCLUDE_FROM_DEFAULT_BUILD,
and for CMake's pre-defined targets.  Yes, I think that makes
sense.  Since the pre-defined targets are not available as
targets during configuration this will have to be done with
a variable instead of a target property.