[cmake-developers] [CMake 0011944]: CPackDeb: Support dependencies between components/Debian packages

Domen Vrankar domen.vrankar at gmail.com
Thu Apr 16 12:36:21 EDT 2015

>>> I confirm this does not work with 3.2. I also would like to disable
>>> CPACK_DEBIAN_PACKAGE_SHLIBDEPS on some of the components (dpkg-shlibdeps
>>> complains right now for eg. packages containing only documentation).

Fine with me as long as you provide the tests.

> Ok, it was a good excercise to start with.
>
> In the member function cmCPackGenerator::WantsComponentInstallation,
> apparently it is required that groups AND components exist to have the
> component install:
> https://github.com/Kitware/CMake/blob/master/Source/CPack/cmCPackGenerator.cxx#L1505
>
> If I change the line to
> && (!(this->ComponentGroups.empty()) || !(this->Components.empty())))
>
> it works as before (cmake 2.8.12).
>
> Is it required that groups and components are defined to be able to have a
> component installation? (one file per component). In the wiki page,
> http://www.cmake.org/Wiki/CMake:Component_Install_With_CPack

This was my patch that handles the case of only one component. Somehow
managed to simplify the line too much...
RunCMake.CPackRPM tests this feature implicitly - creates a rpm
package even though only one component is present.

Do you have git permissions to push this patch? You can also send the
patch and I'll commit the fix.

Thanks,
Domen