[cmake-developers] [CMake 0011944]: CPackDeb: Support dependencies between components/Debian packages

Raffi Enficiaud raffi.enficiaud at mines-paris.org
Thu Apr 16 10:45:34 EDT 2015

Le 16/04/15 15:54, Raffi Enficiaud a écrit :
> Le 16/04/15 14:55, Domen Vrankar a écrit :
>>> I was wondering if this issue has been addressed so far.
>>
>> As far as I can tell from the bug report I don't think so... If it
>> doesn't work in CMake 3.2 then it definitely wasn't.
>
> I confirm this does not work with 3.2. I also would like to disable
> CPACK_DEBIAN_PACKAGE_SHLIBDEPS on some of the components (dpkg-shlibdeps
> complains right now for eg. packages containing only documentation).
>

>>> If the maintainer of the CPackDeb agrees, I can try to resolve this.
>>
>> Go ahead.
>> Could you also provide some automated test cases for this?
>
> Sure! I assigned the issue to myself. Let's see how it goes.

I am right now testing the cmake 3.2 based on master. Before that I had
a code running ok-kind-of with the default cmake of ubuntu 14.04 (2.8.12.2).

When I create the debian with components for the two versions of cmake
with the same source tree, (option CPACK_DEB_PACKAGE_COMPONENTS)
- I can see the packages generated with 2.8.12.1
- I cannot see the packages generated with 3.2.20150416-g53264
- Cmake 3.2 is generating a package with the files at incorrect
destinations: for the component core-dev, the files will be installed on
core-dev/usr/include/xxx, while for cmake 2.8.12, the destination path
is urs/include/xxx

How can I have the previous behaviour with cmake 3.2?

Thanks,
Raffi