[cmake-developers] CTest update broken with non-ASCII filenames

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Thu Apr 9 10:15:05 EDT 2015

On 04/09/2015 07:54 AM, Nils Gladitz wrote:
> With c771f9d945444f6cfe41195e26653f368aff7f42 "CTest: To enforce the C
> locale use LC_ALL instead of LC_MESSAGES."

I think you meant commit 6a661f06:

 CTest: To enforce the C locale use LC_ALL instead of LC_MESSAGES.
 http://cmake.org/gitweb?p=cmake.git;a=commitdiff;h=6a661f06

> I broke svn updates for repositories which contain non-ASCII filenames.
>
> This is apparently due to me not only changing how messages are encoded
> but also how svn interprets filename encodings.
>
> I'll try to find a more appropriate fix.

Thanks.  If you are not able to find a good approach soon please
revert the original change.

What was the original problem you were trying to fix?