[cmake-developers] Support of codesign

Chuck Atkins chuck.atkins at kitware.com
Mon Sep 29 13:23:04 EDT 2014

> Maybe it shouldn't even be a CPack thing..... Maybe it should be an
> install time step so that all CPack generators will contains signed
> binaries if codesign is used...

I know this is a bit after the fact and I'm jumping in here pretty late,
but...

It would be nice to have package signing as a general top level CPack
feature.  Most supported package formats support some form of signing, rpm
and deb with gpg keys, apple bundles, dmgs, nsis installers, etc.  Could
this be done as a generic CPack variable, CPACK_PACKAGE_SIGNING_KEY, for
example, and then if set, then each CPack generator would use it
accordingly?

Just a thought, not to derail this current patch though.