[cmake-developers] Support of codesign

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Fri Sep 26 15:15:35 EDT 2014

On 09/26/2014 09:52 AM, Brad King wrote:
> I've applied the patch and merged to our 'next' branch for
> testing:
>
>  CPack: Add support for code signing of bundles on MacOS
>  http://cmake.org/gitweb?p=cmake.git;a=commitdiff;h=1a9b0668

I reverted the topic because several CPackComponents tests
fail on OS X when the 'codesign' binary is not available.

> +  const std::string codesign_path = cmSystemTools::FindProgram("codesign",
> +    std::vector<std::string>(), false);
> +  if(codesign_path.empty())
> +    {
> +    cmCPackLogger(cmCPackLog::LOG_ERROR,
> +      "Cannot locate codesign command"
> +      << std::endl);
> +    return 0;
> +    }
> +  this->SetOptionIfNotSet("CPACK_COMMAND_CODESIGN", codesign_path.c_str());

It should not be an error for 'codesign' to not be available
in the PATH.  The user may have set CPACK_COMMAND_CODESIGN
to some other location.  The error should only occur if no
value for CPACK_COMMAND_CODESIGN is available when the tool
is actually needed for signing.