[cmake-developers] [CMake] Windows rpath emulation

Nils Gladitz nilsgladitz at gmail.com
Thu Sep 25 09:49:33 EDT 2014

On 09/25/2014 03:17 PM, Brad King wrote:
> Note that CMake now has a "cmake -E env" feature that could be
> used in custom commands and tests to set PATH before launching
> an executable.

I currently use CMake scripts as wrappers for custom commands which set
ENV{PATH} and the ENVIRONMENT property in tests.

I don't currently have anything to conveniently run binaries manually
from the build tree but I guess I could come up with something custom
for that as well without having to make this a first class feature.

It would just have been convenient having something more transparent and
without manual set up for every project given how common this seems.

Given the opposition I won't pursue this further.

Thanks.

Nils