[cmake-developers] Alternate if() without implicit variable expansion

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Thu Sep 11 13:14:53 EDT 2014

On 09/11/2014 01:07 PM, Nils Gladitz wrote:
> I would have to add back lines to cmConditionEvaluator.cxx which where
> removed while they were still in cmIfCommand.cxx.

Look at the diff in commit 5922fc2c and you will see all those lines as
removed from cmIfCommand.  You can put them all in cmConditionEvaluator.
Some of the work is manual.  Effectively you are re-doing the refactoring
from scratch without the CMP0054 pieces.  The use of Git up to this point
is just to help get close.

The reason I'm asking for this is that the refactoring done to create
cmConditionEvaluator is more intrusive than the original CMP0054 change.
It will be much easier to convince myself that the whole thing is correct
if I can see the refactoring done first and independently.