[cmake-developers] Alternate if() without implicit variable expansion

Nils Gladitz nilsgladitz at gmail.com
Fri Sep 5 10:17:52 EDT 2014

>> On 09/05/2014 03:31 PM, Brad King wrote:
>
> I think the description of RunCMake can just be updated.
> All of its tests are about running "cmake" command lines.

So you see no advantage to having the distinction?

E.g. if you consider testing a set of generators (or variants of the
same generator) possibly non-native and distinct from the generator
being used to build cmake itself it might make sense to run tests which
perform configuration once for each of those but script mode tests would
only have to be run once.

Nils