[cmake-developers] Cross compile tests on open.cdash.org

Bach, Pascal pascal.bach at siemens.com
Mon Sep 1 11:25:05 EDT 2014

Hi Guys

> > This is a good idea.   There has been some recent work on the windows
> > phone support: Tests/VSWinStorePhone/.   However, I would think what
> > you would want would be a more comprehensive test of CMake.  Most of
> > the tests run executables that are built.  We would either have to not
> > do that, or run them on a simulator or have an actual device that the
> > tests are pushed to for running.  The other option would be to create
> > one or more specific cross compile tests.

I gave it some thought and I think it might be better to have some cross compile tests. This because it might not be possible to compile all of CMake for a given target.

Does somebody already have an idea where to put this tests? I'm still digging through the code ;)

> > It would require someone to setup dashboard clients as well:
> > http://www.cmake.org/cmake/resources/testing.html.   Would you be
> able
> > to run clients like that?
>
> I think I will be able to provide some Linux x86_64 -> * cross-builds,
> likely ARM and MIPS, maybe something more.

That would be good Erik, I will then try to focus on providing a Windows CE machine first.

Pascal