[cmake-developers] [CMake 0015170]: CMAKE_SYSTEM_PROCESSOR is broken on Windows

Mantis Bug Tracker mantis at public.kitware.com
Tue Sep 23 07:45:51 EDT 2014

The following issue has been SUBMITTED.
http://www.cmake.org/Bug/view.php?id=15170
Reported By:                stopiccot
Assigned To:
Project:                    CMake
Issue ID:                   15170
Category:                   CMake
Reproducibility:            always
Severity:                   feature
Date Submitted:             2014-09-23 07:45 EDT
According to it's description CMAKE_SYSTEM_PROCESSOR should have value of "The
name of the CPU CMake is building for". On Windows x64 hosts it always has value
of AMD64 no matter which architecture you are building for: x86/x64 or arm. I
have a strong opinion that this behavior should be fixed cause otherwise this
var is completely useless on windows. And yes I know there is a CMAKE_CL_64 var
for determining what arch we are building for. But it looks like a x64-only
dirty hack not a generic solution

Issue History
Date Modified    Username       Field                    Change