[cmake-developers] include(...) or find_package(...) within another Find<package> module

Richard Shaw hobbes1069 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 9 14:21:54 EDT 2014

I'm working on trying to modernize the FindFLTK module but also stuck with
making sure I don't break the established behavior. The problems with the
module are extensive so I'm breaking them up into individual emails where
possible.

The part I'm questioning in this email is: Should this be include(FindX11)
as it shows or find_package(X11)?

if(UNIX)
  include(FindX11)
  find_library(FLTK_MATH_LIBRARY m)
  set(FLTK_PLATFORM_DEPENDENT_LIBS ${X11_LIBRARIES} ${FLTK_MATH_LIBRARY})
endif()

Thanks,
Richard