[cmake-developers] [CMake 0015135]: Allow properties on installed directories

Mantis Bug Tracker mantis at public.kitware.com
Mon Sep 8 05:45:46 EDT 2014

The following issue has been SUBMITTED.
Reported By:                Richard Ulrich
Assigned To:
Project:                    CMake
Issue ID:                   15135
Category:                   CPack
Reproducibility:            always
Severity:                   feature
Date Submitted:             2014-09-08 05:45 EDT
Since cmake 3 (I think) we can set properties on installed files.
This is great, but it would be even better, if we could also set these
properties on installed directories.

Steps to Reproduce:
INSTALL(DIRECTORY source/
	DESTINATION "/"
	COMPONENT app
	PATTERN "Database/*.zip" EXCLUDE
)
SET_PROPERTY(INSTALL "/"
        PROPERTY CPACK_WIX_ACL "Everyone=GenericAll"
)

Additional Information:
Since the install properties are part of cmInstalledFile, it's not just a WiX
issue. WiX in turn supports these properties on directories.
http://wixtoolset.org/documentation/manual/v3/xsd/wix/createfolder.html

At the moment I sole it with a custom action, but it would be really great if I
didn't have to do that.

Issue History
Date Modified    Username       Field                    Change