[cmake-developers] Severe behavioural change regressions in release branch

Ben Cooksley bcooksley at kde.org
Mon Oct 27 16:58:58 EDT 2014

On Sat, Oct 25, 2014 at 7:14 PM, Stephen Kelly <steveire at gmail.com> wrote:
> Ben Cooksley wrote:
>
>> On Sat, Oct 25, 2014 at 5:44 AM, Stephen Kelly <steveire at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Is build.kde.org now using the release branch of cmake.git instead of the
>>> next branch? When/why did that change?
>>
>> This was changed around about
>> http://mail.kde.org/pipermail/kde-frameworks-devel/2014-June/016670.html
>
> That thread is... unsettling. No participant suggested reporting the issue.
> Four months later bigger waves are made.

Yes.

> KDE and CMake are the same in that both rely on people hitting problems to
> report them.
>
> This could have been fixed mere days after it hit master.
>
> Something for KDE to learn from I hope.

If anyone is interested, help would be appreciated to get a Contracts
style build up and running.
In particular, pointers to documentation on how to perform such builds
would be appreciated - we'll need to run "make install" for parts of
it which doesn't seem to happen in any of the existing examples as far
as I can see.

> Thanks,
>
> Steve.

Thanks,