[cmake-developers] cmake-gui icons

Ben Boeckel ben.boeckel at kitware.com
Mon Oct 27 16:33:20 EDT 2014

On Mon, Oct 27, 2014 at 11:59:09 -0600, Orion Poplawski wrote:
> Trying to bring a bit more attention to this:
>
> Fedora is pushing to have higher resolution icons for the applications. There
> already is CMakeSetup128.png, but these would need to get installed into the
> proper /usr/share/icons/ hierarchy and named appropriately for the correct
> size to be automatically found and used. It would be good to have cmake-gui be
> conformant to the current desktop standards.
>
> Related -
>
> http://www.cmake.org/Bug/view.php?id=13504
> http://www.cmake.org/Bug/view.php?id=14315
>
> Also might want to consider shipping AppData information.
>
> http://people.freedesktop.org/~hughsient/appdata/

I think there's a bug about this too (or at least for appdata). My
question is: does it really make sense to have appdata for CMake's GUI?
It isn't an "end user" application and I feel that developers "know"
about CMake's Qt UI (or at least wouldn't look for it in the application
tool thing).

(I'm not against AppData overall; just wondering whether it makes sense
for development tools such as cmake-gui.)

Others' thoughts?

--Ben