[cmake-developers] [TEST REQUEST] CPack IFW generator on OSX

Konstantin Podsvirov konstantin at podsvirov.pro
Thu Oct 23 11:50:55 EDT 2014

Hi Sean!

23.10.2014, 19:09, "Sean McBride" <sean at rogue-research.com>:
> On Thu, 23 Oct 2014 16:45:36 +0400, Konstantin Podsvirov said:
>> Can anybody test IFW generator on Mac?
>
> Probably... What is it? :) How would I test it? If you can give me clear instructions, I can update one or more of my dashboards to test it.

Thanks that have responded.

CPack IFW generator generates the installer with a graphical user interface.

I have no ideas for automated testing. But you can try to create the installer and see how it works.

On the CMake Wiki has an article "CMake:Install Component With CPack":

http://www.cmake.org/Wiki/CMake:Component_Install_With_CPack

CPack IFW generator will cope with this task.

Shot with a small edit to IFW generator available here:

http://git.podsvirov.pro/?p=kitware/componentexample.git;a=snapshot;h=refs/heads/develop;sf=tgz

You must use the latest version of CMake for developers.
You can find here:

http://www.cmake.org/files/dev

Just need to install Qt Installer Framework from here:

http://download.qt-project.org/official_releases/qt-installer-framework/1.5.0

Then initialize the project from the snapshot.

Further configuration.
Must be set to ON (enble) advanced variable CPACK_BINARY_IFW.
Also must be set to OFF (disable) the rest CPACK_BINARY_{XXX} variables.

Start the generation.

Make the target "package" and get the installer in the folder Assembly.

Run the installer. We should see the installer similar to what is specified in the Wiki.

For Linux and Windows I got these installers:

http://ifw.podsvirov.pro/cmake/old/cpackifw-componentexample-linux.png

http://ifw.podsvirov.pro/cmake/old/cpackifw-componentexample-windows.png

Then click "next" and check that mylibapp start.

Here is an approximate algorithm.

Regards,
Konstantin Podsvirov