[cmake-developers] [CMake] [CPack] RPM generator creates %dir for /usr/local/xxx

Eric Noulard eric.noulard at gmail.com
Wed Oct 22 09:18:58 EDT 2014

> Moving the conversation to developers mailing list.
>
> More docs on this for 2.8.12:
>>
>> http://www.cmake.org/cmake/help/v2.8.12/cpack.html#variable:CPACK_RPM_EXCLUDE_FROM_AUTO_FILELIST_ADDITION
>>
>> I guess that "/usr/local" may be added to
>> CPACK_RPM_EXCLUDE_FROM_AUTO_FILELIST default list values.
>>
>> For Domen: see the history of this story here:
>> http://public.kitware.com/Bug/view.php?id=13609
>>

> I am familiar with this variable but I haven't noticed until now that not
> all the paths Dubrovskiy Viacheslav
> <http://public.kitware.com/Bug/view_user_page.php?id=4130> listed in bug
> report were removed from auto listing.

This was a conservative choice in order to avoid backward compatibilty
issue.

I wasn't sure at that time that all (RPM-based) distros had the whole list
of dirs and I think there was at least some discrepancy between Fedora and
SuSE.
I was planning (in my mind) to craft a distro-specific list of excluded dir
into CPackRPM just in case...

Then ... nothing was done but the CPACK_RPM_EXCLUDE_FROM_AUTO_FILELIST*
vars :-(

--
Erk
L'élection n'est pas la démocratie -- http://www.le-message.org