[cmake-developers] Xcode Project: Support for DevelopmentTeam

Fabian fabianjul at gmail.com
Wed Oct 22 07:49:58 EDT 2014

Thanks for your response.

> On 10/17/2014 04:16 PM, Fabian wrote:
> > Xcode automatically updates the devices list in the Member Center
>
> Neat.  Please explain the developer workflow you envision to configure
> the value for local build trees.  Would it be something the developer
> should explicitly set in every new tree?  Should there be a common
> configuration in the environment?  Can it be detected programmatically?

For some teams, it would probably make sense to set this for every project
in the environment as it gets rid of a bunch of code signing issues.
However, a membership in the developer program is needed and I do not know
an easy way to detect this. An option might be to parse the output of
"certtool y" for "iPhone Distribution: <COMPANY NAME> (<TEAM ID>)"; notice
the <TEAM ID> in brackets.

However, some people (myself included) have to handle memberships in
multiple programs, so there would be some manual selection involved anyway.

> In the CMake source I noticed that 'BuildIndependentTargetsInParallel'
> > is already getting set. This could be extendet to add the
> 'TargetAttributes'
> > section.
>
> Yes, that looks like the right place if you want to try a patch.

I looked through the source for a while but I found that for me it would
require too much work to fully patch it, since the target ID also needs to
be read from somewhere and included in the pbxproj. I would highly
appreciate it if you took the time, as it would probably require a fraction
of what I would have to invest.

Regards,
Fabian