[cmake-developers] Support of codesign

A. Klitzing aklitzing at gmail.com
Tue Oct 21 10:37:56 EDT 2014

Hi,

I attached another patch to address the given issues.

On 09/26/2014 10:08 AM, clinton at elemtech.com wrote:
> > I would suggest the SignPackage function be moved from
> > cmCPackDragNDropGenerator to cmCPackBundleGenerator because
> > its implementation is only usable by cmCPackBundleGenerator.
> > It uses CPACK_BUNDLE_NAME which is only valid in the context
> > of cmCPackBundleGenerator.

Yes, I moved it and DragNDrop is untouched now. That was just a
copy+paste+modify mistake.

> On 09/29/2014 09:55 AM, clinton at elemtech.com wrote:
> > Because it appears to only work with the Bundle generator, can
> > you please move the documentation from Modules/CPackDMG.cmake
> > to Modules/CPackBundle.cmake?
> > Or did you intend to make this feature work for both the
> > DragNDrop and Bundle generator?

Same here....

> On 09/29/2014 02:00 PM, Clinton Stimpson wrote:
> > I think application signing is generally not a CPack thing, but
> > there probably isn't much of a choice if the Bundle generator
> > is used.

Well, it isn't possible to sign that bundle without it. There must be a
step between bundle and dmg. Maybe cmake could support that, too. So custom
processing could be more flexible.
But I think cmake should support more codesigning tools by itself to unify
the handling. For example.... we sign our MSI for windows with a custom
command. This could be integrated into a unifed CPACK variable.

Best regards
  André Klitzing