[cmake-developers] Any ideas for accessing the Dart source code?

Alan W. Irwin irwin at beluga.phys.uvic.ca
Tue Oct 7 18:46:51 EDT 2014

I thought it would be interesting to install my own local dart server
to learn how to use CTest as a dart client.  However, the dart server
software development effort seems to have a largely broken web
presence.  For example, http://www.cmake.org/dart/HTML/Install.shtml
points to a Dart.pdf documentation file that is a broken link.  The
Dart Wiki at <http://na-mic.org/Wiki/index.php/Dart2Summary> which is
recommended by the above cmake.org site is still up and running, but
it also refers to that same broken link for Dart.pdf. From the Wiki
the latest Dart release seems to be 1.0.9 (from 7 (!) years ago).  I
discovered that release does include the Dart.pdf file which is good,
but only includes jar files and not source code which is bad.  For
example, I am concerned those 7-year old *.class files in the jar
files might not run properly with modern java.

Therefore, I would like to build those jar files from source.  According
to the above wiki you can get access to the source code using

svn co http://svn.na-mic.org/svn/Dart/trunk

but that command immediately returns
svn: OPTIONS of 'http://svn.na-mic.org/svn/Dart/trunk': 200 OK

In contrast, Dart.pdf states that source code is available using

svn checkout http://svn.na-mic.org:8000/svn/Dart

However, that command times out with "cannot connect to server".

Does anyone here know how to access the Dart source or is that gone
forever?

Alan
Alan W. Irwin