[cmake-developers] Severe regression caused by #14972 fixes

Amine Khaldi amine.khaldi at reactos.org
Tue Oct 7 03:22:02 EDT 2014

Hi,

Please note that from the http://www.cmake.org/Bug/view.php?id=14972 fixes on, we can no longer compile ReactOS. We have many DEPENDS on files that exist in the source (they are simply input files, they're not generated or so) like spec files, inf files, idl files...etc and they end up in the "Unknown Build Time Dependencies" which should not happen, and did not happen with CMake 2.8.x

As a result of this, it's no longer possible to use the new CMake to compile ReactOS, which makes us see this as a severe regression, considering that CMake is the build system we use to compile the project.

Adam, Brad and co, can you please help ?

Regards,
Amine.