[cmake-developers] fix-OSX-bundle-rpaths-and-Qt5 topic

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Mon Oct 6 09:15:37 EDT 2014

On 10/04/2014 11:37 AM, Adam Strzelecki wrote:
> I've applied your suggestions about quoting and used portable
> (POSIX compliant) find call that should work now on any system.

Thanks.

On 10/05/2014 03:35 PM, Adam Strzelecki wrote:
> Correct me if I am wrong but it seems CDash reports no
> further problems with my changes.

It's better, but the BundleUtilities test fails on OS X 10.5:

 http://open.cdash.org/testDetails.php?test=285651145&build=3517533

 -- 6/10: fixing up '.../Tests/BundleUtilities/testdir1/testbundleutils1.app/Contents/MacOS/testbundleutils1'
 install_name_tool: more than one input file specified (.../Tests/BundleUtilities/testdir1 and -delete_rpath)
 Usage: install_name_tool [-change old new] ... [-id name] input
 -- 7/10: fixing up '.../Tests/BundleUtilities/testdir1/testbundleutils1.app/Contents/MacOS/module1.so'
 install_name_tool: more than one input file specified (.../Tests/BundleUtilities/testdir1 and -delete_rpath)
 Usage: install_name_tool [-change old new] ... [-id name] input

>From this message it looks like the install_name_tool does not
support -delete_rpath.  IIRC @rpath was first added in OS X 10.5
so it looks like that part had not yet matured.

Use of -delete_rpath was previously added at install-time here:

 OS X: Add RPATH support for Mac.
 http://cmake.org/gitweb?p=cmake.git;a=commitdiff;h=94e7fef2

so I think this problem existed before but was not exposed by tests.

Clinton, what do you think of changing the Darwin.cmake test for
enabling @rpath support to require OS X 10.6 instead of 10.5?
Otherwise we may be leaking build tree RPATH entries into installed
files on 10.5.