[cmake-developers] kwsys SystemTools::RelativePath()

Nils Gladitz nilsgladitz at gmail.com
Fri Oct 3 15:30:21 EDT 2014

On 03.10.2014 21:13, Brad King wrote:
> On 09/30/2014 10:05 AM, Nils Gladitz wrote:
>> When both operands are the same absolute path I get the empty string as
>> a result.
>>
>> Should it be "."?
> Perhaps.  One would need to track down existing call sites
> to see where that might affect behavior.  IIRC it is exposed
> through file(RELATIVE_PATH), so it may need a policy.  That
> is probably overkill because there are legitimate use cases
> where an empty string looks better than ".".

I guess that might be a matter of definition.
I wouldn't consider the empty string a valid path though I understand
that this may be what people expect now given that this behavior has
already been established.

I've worked around the issue I had with the "wix-fix-root-dir-prop"
topic for now so there is no immediate need to change behavior before
the 3.1 release.

Thanks  for the feedback.

Nils